Friday, October 15, 2010

... and so it begins

Welcome to the Student Career Planning Blog where I hope to share ideas and information that will help guide students and parents.  Of course, the best way for this to happen is for you, the reader, to let me know what you want to read about, so please feel free to comment.
Meanwhile, university and college applications are beginning to open and students are contacting me in a panic!

Typical questions are:
What courses do I need to get into... ?
What grades to I need to have to get into ...?
What can I do with a degree in...?
How do I apply for scholarships?
What scholarships are out there?
How will I pay for school?

Or even worse, I don't know what I want to do, but I need to apply now!

NO - there is still time - STOP the PANIC!  Yes, applications are opening but deadlines are still a little time away - you can still do a bit of exploring, and it may not even be too late to change a course next semester to meet requirements, or to find a back door so that you can register in a university program and still get a course over the summer for your ideal choice.

This is some of the information I hope to cover, but where to start?  You tell me... email me at info@careerplanningforstudents.com with your ideas. 

Karen Girard, CCDP, CEIP

No comments:

Post a Comment